Our new Wardens look after the following areas in our school:
- Compost – Adam and Nadine check that the compost bins contain no litter and empty the class compost bins into the big compost.
- Litter – Zac and Ed help ensure that the school grounds are free from litter and show students where to put their waste.
- Water – Sive and Jack remind all the classes to turn off the taps and not to waste water.
- Energy – Erin-Jade and Julia’s job is to get everyone to turn off lights or electrical equipment when they are finished with them.
- Travel – walk or cycle to school every day which is why they are our travel wardens.
- Garden -Rita, Keelin, Rory and Jack are our green fingered wardens. They look after the garden, pulling up weeds and watering it.
- Birds– Hannah, Aobha and Heather make sure the bird feeders are full and that the bird tables are clear of stones.
- Recycling – Alex and Daire remind everyone to recycle plastic, paper and cans.
- Insects – Emma and Abi check the Insect homes and let us know what they find.