Our Green Code:
Walk, Cycle or take the bus, just dump the car be green with us!
St Brigid’s received their Travel flag in 2011.
WOW – Walk to school On Wednesdays
BOW – Bike to school On Wednesdays
What St. Brigid’s is doing to address Travel:
- We encourage the students to walk to school on Wednesdays (WOW), Bike to school on Wednesdays (BOW) or Scoot on Wednesdays (SOW).
- We suggest car pooling or getting the bus to school.
- We take part in National Bike week and have had competitions where the students can win a bike to encourage them to cycle to school.
- Walking is good exercise so we encourage walking activities and days out. Leave the car at home!
- We teach the students about carbon footprints and food miles.
- We participated in the ‘International eat Local’ day with a Belgian school.